Wednesday, June 2, 2010

10 Year Old Curator.

So i am not sure if this is the place for it, but I find this so inspiring, and beautiful I had to share it with someone. First off, I know this kid, she rocks. Her mom is my friend Kate, we go way back. Kate was director of the NB Crafts Council at one time, and has been an arts administrator, Musician, and all round supporter for years. We went to High school together, She has two Kids, Eliza and Iris. These kids have grown up in art galleries, and at craft shows. They are an amazing family, one day Eliza asked her mom how art got into Galleries, so Kate decided that the best way to find this out was to get Eliza to curate a show. They came up with a theme and took it on,  check out miss Eliza Wolfe. When I am in Fredericton Next week, I will try and get some photos, and possibly an interview with the curator....

5 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

you have GOT to be kidding? how cool is that!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

ohmygosh, go to the link!

Reverend Awesome said...

That is totally awesome!! I hope you get an interview. What a smart little cookie!

Gallow said...

This is one of the best examples of education that I have seen. Fantastic Work!!

Liz said...

I agree Steve, with arts education being cut from public school,and less and less public art, Its nice to see people taking the initiative to teach the next generation how it works.