Saturday, June 5, 2010

BABB Spring Show

In this area of the country Spring is often a large contrast to Winter.  There is a shift from the cold weather to warm, and with it the plants once again begin to open up.  As a photographer these contrasts help me to see things new again. Contrasts can also be interesting to photograph. I walk by this tree stump often, and this spring I noticed new life in the decay of an old tree stump. I like the difference in the flatness of the old stump, and the three dimensions of the new life.  Somehow the death of the tree makes the new life even more interesting, as does Winter making Spring much more appreciated.  I hope you enjoy the photos that I have selected for the BABB Spring Show.  The are available from my Smugmug web site. I'd love to hear your thoughts about them.  Also check out the incredible works of the others artists of BABB here on this blog.

3 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

I just LOVE this image.

Reverend Awesome said...

Oh that is VERY cool!

Unknown said...

Rockin' photo... dead trees are always fun for a good contrasty photo. :)