Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Cool new tool!

Hey BAMF bloggers,

Just thought I'd share this cool new thing I found.

You can go to http://blog.grader.com/ enter in your blog's name and get an analysis of how effective your blog is at reaching people! It gives you a grade based on 100. Mine's 43.

Okay, so some of it isn't relevant. You lose points for not owning your own domain (whatev). And even though my blog has a "share on twitter, facebook etc." button for each post, this site didn't recognize those and said my score would go up if I added them.

But it does give you feedback on the length of your posts, images included, variety of links and keeping your post titles succinct and interesting. And I didn't realize until they pointed it out to me that I didn't have a way for folks to subscribe by email.

So, not earth-rattling important, but if you're looking for a way to waste a half hour or so today, it's fun to see how your blog measures up in the webworld.

And you can sound like a real smartypants reciting your stats.

2 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

NICE :) It had been a little quiet in here for a couple of months...

Mr. Young said...

Don't feel bad... my score is 22