Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Summers Past Music

This is so way hard for George and I. Being seniors way too many summers past. Wow 43 years of them together...:) Here are some of the songs I can remember:
Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Moon,
The Cars, Oh gosh listened to them a million times,
Nazareth, Hair of the Dog,
Rolling Stones of course, all the time,
Jimmi Hendrix, Purple Haze, Cross Town Traffic, The Wind Cries Mary, etc...,
The Who,
The Doors,
The Animals, House of Rising Sun (George loved that one),
AC/DC, All of their songs,
ZZ Topp,
Jefferson Airplane/Starship,
Three Dog Night,
Wow so many more, don't forget we are products of the 60's, music all the time everywhere. Also I played in the band so I ate, slept, drank, played music 24/7.

5 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

house of the rising sun= STILL fresh, still genius :)

Reverend Awesome said...

My Dad took me to see Pink Floyd when I was a kid! I thought I was sooo cool. Love Pink Floyd. Then he bought me The Wall for Christmas!! I was way into The Doors for awhile too. Still am but for awhile I was just crazzzzy about them! Nonstop listening to The Doors. Oh and The Who.

I'll have to think about my summer songs...this was a great list!

k.a. barnes said...

Ah, the Who. I do love me some Pete Townsend. And did you know that Jim Henson based the muppet Animal on Keith Moon??

Unknown said...

I know about that Kerry, Teresa bought me a muppet TShirt with Crazy Harry drumming...I love it and wear it all the time...

BSOB said...

whoa... played in a band? lets hear more abt this